Cybercrime is advancing at a record pace, and today’s enterprises face targeted, real-time attacks that are increasingly more sophisticated. As a result, IT professionals are highly sensitized to the importance of securing their infrastructure. For most, however, security is not their primary responsibility—and vigilance is often diluted in the mix of competing priorities. As an expert extension of your IT organization, SECNAP has your back 24/7/365 with vigilance that never rests.
Advanced Solutions Augmented by Expert Management
Appliances and software can detect and prevent most attacks successfully, but not alone. Expert, highly experienced professionals monitoring and managing the installed IDS/IPS systems are a vital component of high-level security solutions. Only by combining cutting-edge IDS/IPS technology with 24/7/365 expert monitoring and support can clients ensure truly effective protection from evolving security threats.
One of the most significant challenges to any IT department is to verify that security measures are working as intended, everywhere, all the time. A strong managed service partner is able to do much of the heavy lifting—becoming an extension of the client’s team and enabling client IT staff to be on top of security at all times. A good partnering strategy is delivered at much lower total cost of ownership than the alternative–which is to hire and manage three shifts of skilled security employees or outsource to inconvenient, insecure offshore centers.
Before you choose an IDS/IPS solution, consider these factors:
- Provides 24/7/365 network monitoring by a team of certified, expert Security Engineers in redundant Secure Operations Centers (SOCs) in the U.S.
- Leverages full redundancy, advanced technology, and extensive signatures/rules databases updated in real time.
- Provides comprehensive, layered protection including:
- Detection—to identify intrusions, and intruders, as attacks are attempted
- Prevention—to keep intruders out of network and to prevent data leakage
- Response—to proactively combat threats as they are occurring, and report new threats.
- Expert customer technical support is always just a phone call or email away.
- Provides access to detailed pre-defined and customizable reports via dashboard interface.
- Simplifies budgeting with one annual subscription fee. (We can invoice semi-annually or quarterly if you prefer.)
- Includes management of properly-scaled appliance, deployment of patented technology, 24/7/365 network monitoring, and real-time updates.
- Requires staff to monitor activity—typically not a 24/7/365 operation when done in house, due to staffing constraints.
- Requires ongoing training and daily education on emerging threats.
- Requires trained back-up resources for absences, vacations, etc.
- Requires staff of sufficient depth and breadth to react to temporary surges in false positives due to spikes in web activity or normal traffic fluctuations.
- Requires purchase, updating and maintenance of in-house appliance (or lease).
- Increases risk of expensive and embarrassing security breaches arising from:
- Routine problems going unnoticed; undetected worms and bots infecting PCs
- Users leaking data, installing unauthorized applications, and inadvertently downloading malware
- Outsiders probing to find ways around the unmanaged IDS/IPS.