Compliance & Regulatory Audits
Sarbanes Oxley (SOX)
Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) requires all publicly-traded companies to implement and report internal accounting controls and procedures to reduce the possibility of corporate fraud. With the release of auditing standard 5 (AS5) and the introduction of the risk-based approach, the Accounting departments of accelerated publicly traded companies have stabilized the burden of SOX compliance.
SECNAP Network Security understands the challenges of middle market companies and accelerated filers face when it comes to compliance costs. We work with your Accounting, Finance and IT department to keep SOX compliance efficient and effective.
Whether an accelerated filer or you are in your first year of implementation, our compliance professionals work closely with your external audit firm and/or internal audit department to ensure the most cost-effective and pragmatic solutions are met for your compliance needs. Following the Securities and Exchange’s (SEC) Guidance for Management, we help you rationalize your critical risks and key controls; develop supporting evidence for your controls design and operating effectiveness; and drive accountability for compliance throughout the organization.
Our consultative services include:
- Perform Audit Committee governance control testing
- Perform the risk assessment, materiality calculation, define location and business entity scope
- Provided internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR) framework
- Identify / document key controls and link such control back to the accounting financial assertions provided by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Perform financial controls as well as IT application and IT general controls testing
- Provide a comprehensive summary of findings with management responses
- Provide quarterly updates to the audit committee
It is likely you still have questions regarding SOX compliance, fill out this form and we can set up a quick exploratory call.